THE PAPERS OF LOUISA PARKER, (née EDWARDS)LETTERS FROM VARIOUS CORRESPONDENTS TO MRS PARKER
DEEDS AND DOCUMENTS
237-56. - A PARCEL OF DEEDS AND DOCUMENTS RELATING TO PROPERTY IN KIDWELLY, 1698-1824.
1698, July 23.
(1) William Williams of Kidwelly, co. Carm., mercer, and Joyce his wife;
(2) Owen Bonell of Kidwelly, gent.
Release of a m. in Monkford Street, Kidwelly.
1770, Sept. 26.
(1) The Rev. Jeremy Pemberton of Trumpington, Cambridgeshire, clerk and MA, and Anne his wife;
(2) Griffith Bowen of Kidwelly, gent., Jane his wife and Jane his daughter, aged 3.
Lease of a barn and garden at Penkit hill, and the fields called Park Ucha, Llaingam, Park isha, Gwainhallt, and Park y Coppa in Kidwelly.
1782, Dec. 7.
Probate of the will of Anne Davies of Kidwelly, widow. Will dated Jan. 19 1781. Much decayed.
1798, Dec. 31.
(1) Griffith Bowen of Kidwelly, gent.;
(2) Arthur Jones of Rhydalle in the parish of Lantharog, gent.
Surrender of lease of m. in Monksford Street, Kidwelly. Endorsed with an assignment of the lease by John Evans of Brecon, Dissenting Minister, and Ann his wife, to Louisa Parker, widow.
1808, Oct. 3.
(1) John William Hughes of Tregib, co. Carm., eldest son of James Hughes of Carmarthen, gent., dec.;
(2) Mary Rees of Kidwelly, widow.
(3) Thomas Parker of Kidwelly, esq.
Lease of m's in p. St Mary, Kidwelly.
1809, Feb. 23.
(1) William Morris of Kidwelly, gent.;
(2) Thomas Parker, gent.
Lease of pieces of land called the Cowparks in Kidwelly and barns near the way leading to Morva Main, and in Monksford Street, to be held for fourteen years in the said William Morris, Ann Thomas (once of his daughters, wife of John Thomas of Court, co. Carm., farmer) and Margaret Thomas (another of his daughters, wife of Richard Thomas of Kidwelly, victualler) or either of them shall so long live.
Receipts (3) by E. Williams to Thomas Parker for the rent of a house and garden in Kidwelly.
1819, Aug. 5.
(1) Mary Rees of Kidwelly, widow;
(2) Louisa Parker.
Bond for payment of £20.
249 1820, Sept. 22.
(1) Arthur Jones, late of Rhydalle, now of Kidwelly, gent.;
(2) Louisa Parker of Kidwelly, widow.
Lease of a m. in Monksford Street, Kidwelly.
1820, Sept. 23.
(1) Arthur Jones, gent.;
(2) Louisa Parker, widow.
Release of the property specified in No. 249.
Account of Mrs Mary Rees with the mortgagees of premises in Kidwelly, 1802-21.
1824, Aug. 6.
Survey, made by J. D. Davies, of two fields on West Hill in Kidwelly.
A Parcel of deeds and documents relating to property in Kidwelly, 1761-1822.
1761, April 3.
(1) Richard Bonell of Kidwelly, alderman;
(2) Henry Mansell of Llandeveylog, gent., and Thomas Morris of the same, farmer. Grant (in trust) of a m. in Monksford Street, Kidwelly.
1776, Dec. 10.
(1) Henry Mansell of Llandeveylog, gent., and Thomas Morris of the same, farmer;
(2) Hugh Davies of Kidwelly, maltster, and Anne his wife;
(3) David Jones of Kidwelly, gent.
Deed to lead the uses of a fine of a m. in Monkford Street, Kidwelly, co. Carm.
1777, March 17.
Final Concord in a fine levied between David Jones, gent., plaintiff, and Henry Mansell, gent., Thomas Morris, farmer, Hugh Davies, malster, and Anne his wife, deforceants, when the deforceants acknowledged two m's, etc ., in Kidwelly, to be the right of the plaintiff.
1782, Aug. 3.
(1) Ann Davies of Kidwelly, widow; (2) George Walters of Carmarthen, harper.
Mortgage of three m's in Monksford Street, Kidwelly, co. Carm.
1783, Dec. 1.
(1) George Walters of Carmarthen, harper;
(2) John Richards of Trecadwogan, co. Carm., gent.
Assignment of mortgage of a m. in Monksford Street, Kidwelly.
(1) Mary Rees and John Davies mariner;
(2) James Hughes, gent.
Lease of possession of houses in Kidwelly. In a perishing condition.
1785, Jan. 12
(1) John Richards of Trecadogan, co. Carm., gent.;
(2) John Morgan of Carmarthen, esq.;
(3) James Hughes of Carmarthen, gent.;
(4) Mary Rees of Kidwelly, widow, (daughter of Ann Davies, her brother, only son of the said Ann Davies by Hugh David of Davies late of Kidwelly, dec.
Assignment of term of years in houses in the borough of Kidwelly
1820, July 9.
(1) Mary Rees of Kidwelly, widow;
(2) Louisa Parker of the same, widow.
Grant of m's in Monksford Street, Kidwelly.
821, April 24.
1) George Thomas of Kidwelly, co. Carm., mariner;
(2) Louisa Parker, of the same, widow.
Lease of a m. in Lady Street, Kidwelly.
1821, Aug. 10.
(1) John Williams Hughes of Tregib, co. Carm., esq.
(2) Anne Brigstocke of Emlyn Cottage, Cardigan, widow;
(3) Louisa Parker of Kidwelly, widow.
Lease for a year of a m. in Monksford street, Kidwelly.
1821, Aug. 11.
(1) John Williams Hughes, eldest brother and heir at law of James Hughes of Carmarthen, gent., dec., who was the eldest son of James Hughes, the elder, late of the same;
(2) Ann Brigstocke, formerly of Blaenpant, widow, surviving executrix of the will of the said James Hughes the Elder;
(3) William Morgan of Carmarthen, esq., only acting executor of the will of John Morgan of Carmarthen;
(4) Louisa Parker of Kidwelly, widow;
(5) Walter Rice Howell of Carmarthen, gent.
Release of the property specified in No. 266.
Abstract of title of Mrs Mary Rees, widow, and John Davies, to houses in Monkford Street in Kidwelly, 1698-1783
Bundle of statements of accounts and receipts rendered to Mrs Parker by bookbinders, butchers, cabinet makers, carpenters, coachbuilders, decorators, drapers, dressmakers, farmers, grocers, ironmongers, maltsters, post-horse proprietors, saddlers, schoolmasters, ship-owners, smiths, solicitors, stationers, wine merchants, etc., mainly of Carmarthen, Cheltenham, London, and Kidwelly. Some interesting bill-heads are included.
PAPERS RELATING TO THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE ESTATES OF MR AND MRS PARKER
1833, March 8.
Probate of the will of Louisa Parker, widow, dec.
Much decayed. With two copies of the will, dated Aug. 1831.
1833, Nov. 28.
Bond by David Williams, the mayor, and the Alderman, Bailiffs and Burgesses of Kidwelly, to Richard Janion Nevill of Llanelly, for the payment of £140.15.0.
1835, May 17.
Memorandum of agreement between R. J. Nevill of Llangennech Park and James Espinasse of Bedford Row, esq's, concerning an annuity payable to Ann Thomas under the will of Louisa Parker, and secured upon Kidwelly Turnpike Tallies, which were paid off under an award by the South Wales Turnpike Trust Commissioners.
INVENTORIES, CATALOGUES, etc.
1818, March 2.
Inventory of household furniture and effects selected by Louisa Parker pursuant to the will of her late husband, Thomas Parker, dec.
Inventory of furniture, plate, linen, etc., in Abbey House, Kidwelly, the property of the late Thomas Parker, esq..
1833, Jan. 31.
Inventory of plate, jewels, etc., at the late Mrs Parker's, Kidwelly, taken in the presence of Mrs Nevill, Dr Bevan, and Mr Maliphant.
Schedule of property belonging to Mrs Parker.
1833, Feb. 22.
Valuation and Inventory of the household furniture and effects of the late Mrs Louisa Parker at the Abbey House, Kidwelly, by Henry Gye, Swansea. With a letter by H. Gye to R. J. Nevill, April 10 1833.
'Catalogue of the Household Furniture, Plate, Linen, China and Glass, Choice old wines, Horses, Carriages, and Harness, Cows, Hay [etc.] ... which will be sold by Auction by Mr H. Gye of Swansea ... at the Abbey House, Kidwelly ... March 20, 21 & 22 1833'.
Account book of the sale held at the Abbey House, Kidwelly, March 20-2 1833, with a letter from H. Gye, Auctioneer, to R. J. Nevill, June 12 1833.
1819, Aug. 21
Letter. A. Jones to Mrs Browne at Kidwelly, concerning rent.
1823, Nov. 20
Letter. J. Evans of Carmarthen to Mr Bohmer at Kidwelly, informing him that his lottery ticket had drawn a prize.
1825, March 14
List of children at Bell's school [?Kidwelly].
List of names of the Aldermen and members of the Common Council of Kidwelly.
Click to go: Home: Contents